Sunday, June 1, 2014

I got this…RIGHT?!

This AMAZING woman….
2014-05-10 20.27.41
my mom has been here since May 1st.. She came before my due date in case I went a little early she would be there for Dakota. I’m not going to lie…it wasn’t until she got here that I felt like…okay I am ready to go. I had to know my Dakota man was going to be well taken care of!!

Since the moment she stepped into my house she has been NON-STOP cleaning, cooking, sewing projects for me, running errands, grocery shopping, making Dakota’s food, and just taking care of us all!! In fact after a couple of days the nurses had been around my mom one of them asked me, “Does your mom just like to clean?” When I say non-stop I am not joking! She wore me out just watching her!!!
(On this picture on the left…she ripped apart the bumper I had someone make for me to make it thicker and to fix the ruffle on top how I liked it! It was SO much work but she did it so patiently!!)

She also made this cutest carseat canopy for me!!!
2014-05-05 16.18.33 2014-05-05 16.19.07


She is one of the hardest working woman I know who selflessly gives of herself, her time, and her talents so freely. If I had to pick my mom’s love language it would definitely be service!!

Once Navy got here she kicked into an even higher gear. She became the sole lifter of Dakota for 2 whole weeks….except when Zach was home which was usually just late evenings. It was SO hard for me to not have that independence and just lift him and carry him like I normally do but my mom was so amazing and even though I know how hard it was for her to do it all she did it so lovingly.There is NO way I could have done it without her!! She gave my body time to heal…she forced me to go soak in the tub and take naps while she continued to just do it all around here!!

Well on, May 25th we finally decided it was time for me to put on my big girl panties and do this 2 fully dependent kid thing on my own! As hard as I knew it would be, I knew it was time. My poor mom had put her whole life in AZ on hold for me for so long and it was time to let her return to my cute Dad who was probably starving to death without her! ;)

That whole day before she drove away we both had tears welling up in our eyes. Saying goodbye was SO hard! I cried for 2 whole hours!! You don’t really know how much you need and miss your mom until she is here and then leaves! I was overwhelmed at the thought of doing it all on my own and overwhelmed with love and gratitude for all that my mom had done for me and my little family! I knew not only I would miss her but I know my cute kiddos will miss their Nana too!!!
2014-05-28 08.46.45
She is truly one in a million!!!!

It has been a few days now of doing it on my own…and I have survived. I even made it out the door for Navy’s doctors appointment by 9:15 with all of us fed and dressed! (I was supposed to be there at 9:15 but making it out the door at 9:15 was accomplishment enough! ;))  I was pretty proud of that moment! ;) I haven’t had to cook dinners yet because I have had some amazing friends bringing me meals but tomorrow will be the true test I guess because I will have to be a big girl and make my own dinner! ;)

Pray for me!!! I got this…RIGHT?!

2 comments:

  1. You got this cute mamma. You can do it. You are one of the strongest people I know. Your mom is a doll. I cried for two days straight when my mom left me with Jax. We lived in WAshington at the time and I was a mess. And please move down by me.... Then I can help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can absolutely do it...don't forget who you came from ;) So fun to see these sweet pictures of your beautiful children and wonderful mama! I think about you all the time, and am so grateful to have such amazing women in my life to look up to! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete