Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Favorite 6 Year Old!!!

Dear Dakota,

You turned 6 today and I thought my heart was going to burst! My emotions were running very high today…in a good way!! I’m sure part of it was due to the emotional high we had yesterday with the AMAZING F2TF 5K. (more to come on that soon).

I was overwhelmed as I woke up today thinking about how grateful I am to get to celebrate this day with you!! I almost lost my opportunity to celebrate birthdays with you, so today I celebrated YOU with the happiest of hearts!!!

This birthday was your first birthday since your accident that I felt that you really understood it was YOUR birthday…at least it was the first time you shared some emotion with us…smiling and laughing as we poured balloons over your body when you woke up as we sang Happy Birthday to you!!

2014-08-10 07.31.03
We blew these up at midnight for you…that’s how much we love you!!! ;)


2014-08-10 07.33.13-1

You smiled and giggled as I let you listen to all the voxes, phone messages, and videos sent to you from our family and friends that were thinking of you today and even everyone singing to you at Vayden’s luncheon!! I could tell even though you couldn’t tell me in words that you knew it was your birthday and you were SO happy to celebrate it today!! I think you are SUPER excited to be 6!!!  It made today even more special to watch you smile and enjoy being youl!!!

Dakota…when you came into this world 6 years ago and made me and your dad parents…we had no idea the influence you would be in our lives!!

2008-03-30 06.16.06

You opened our hearts then and since that day you have continued to AMAZE me in every way possible!! You are not just my son…you are my teacher, my angel, my example, my light, my happiness, my sunshine, my little piece of heaven, my daily reminder of what really matters in life, my LOVE!! You make my world go round!!!

So I sit her today with tears in my eyes SOOOO grateful to get to celebrate this 6 years with you today instead of without you!!!

2014-08-10 20.08.37
He even put out the candle on his own…with his arm! ;)

I still don’t know how I got so lucky that you chose me to be your mom…my only guess is that you knew I needed A LOT of help in this life to make it back to my Heavenly Father and you knew I would need you to teach me, lead me, and guide me every step of the way!!

Whatever the reason may be…THANK YOU for choosing me!! I will love you with all my heart every single day!! I’m so lucky I get to spend eternity with YOU!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAKOTA MAN!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm a terrible friend! I'm just now sitting here crying and catching up on your blog! First and foremost, HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY to DAKOTA!! I love you so so much buddy! I'm so glad we got to see you guys at the race saturday!! Also, I LOVE Dakotas bike! Holy moly that thing is the real deal! It is sooo awesome! I'm so grateful he was able to get it!! Anywho I love you guys dearly!

    ReplyDelete