Sunday, August 28, 2016

We are alive and oh so well!!

It feels so wierd to be sitting here writing a post! It has been SOOO many months since I have done it. (Seriously 9!!) I have even had people ask me if I still blog anymore? My answer is YES…but the reality of life has not allowed me to like I desire!! I write so many things in my head in hopes to sit at the computer, to write them down so that the memories, the lessons, the inspiration isn’t lost…but then more time goes and then my mind has been SO flooded with SOOO many things left unwritten that the very thought of sitting down at the computer to write a post is overwhelming. So I just don’t!!

But today is a VERY significant day for me, my family, and our healing that I forced myself to sit here, forget about all that I haven’t written about and just write about today!

Why is today significant? Today Navy…this darling little heaven sent angel of a sister, is the EXACT age Dakota was on the day of his accident.
DSC_0107-001DSC_0273DSC_0456-001DSC_0490
It may seem wierd that I calculated the exact day but it was so important to me because I feel like EVERY day after today is new. I feel like a first time mom in a way, experiencing things that I never had the chance to see, feel, and live. Time stood still for a LOOONG time after Dakota’s accident. He stayed 2 years, 2 months and 16 days to me…even while his body grew and time went on.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
(Family picture taken the month of his accident)

I mourned a lot over those next few years each milestone the kids his age lived and got to experience. I will never forget the day the tears ran down my cheeks as I saw the kindergarten kids that were HIS age standing at the bus stop at the top of our neighborhood. Dakota was still going to school…he even had a REALLY convenient little bus that came right to my driveway so I didn’t have to rush to that bus stop in my pajamas and face all the other mom’s looking my worst…BUT I wanted THAT!! I was even JEALOUS of that chaos!!! I wanted to be normal and watch Dakota interact with those kids, go to the same school with those kids, play sports with those kids, and even become better friends with THOSE moms…but it wasn’t MY reality!!!

Obviously as time has passed I learned to accept MY reality! In fact I LOVE my reality now! Every day Zach or I tell each other how grateful we are for our family, our life!!! I feel blessed beyond measure to have learned all that I have over these difficult years, to know and FEEL what true happiness is, and to have Dakota’s sweetest, sweetest spirit and light in my home. I now feel like he is 8 (as he just had his big birthday this month!!!)
20160821_17575420160821_175801
(His DARLING superhero cake made by our sweetest friend Rachel Bitton!!)

20160821_181512
(It’s not a party without LOTS of food!!)
20160821_180534
(Cousin party crew! I love how Dakota’s eyes are sneakily looking at the camera! Winking smile)

20160821_192024
(This was the first birthday that Dakota showed true reaction, expression, and excitement! Each present, each hand written birthday card from his cousins recieved a genuine smile and Dakota thank you!! It melted my heart to think back to all of his past birthdays and how far he has come!! He really is a superhero!)

20160821_194701
(The cake didn’t just look good. It tasted good too!!)

20160821_193501
(Our “SUPER” family!)

BUT I would be lying if I didn’t say how excited I am to get to know now what it is like to be a “normal” mom. I want to know the answers to all the questions I NEVER got to know for myself…Are the 2’s really THAT terrible?! What is it like to NOT have to change diapers?! Will potty training be hard?! What will be the first sport I put my Navy in?! Will she be good at it or will she hate it?! When will she not let me dress her anymore?! Can I even handle that?! LOL!! Who will be her best friend?! Will she cry on her first day of school?! Will she miss me?! Will she be kind to others?! When she learns to write will she write me love notes?! I wonder who her first crush will be?! How old will she be when she first tells me she hates me?! Will I cry? Where will HER choices in her life take her?!

The unknown is exciting but also scary!! Not knowing the answers to all of those questions and knowing who my little girl will become is a little nerve wracking. Their is a peace in knowing that Dakota is perfect. That he will NEVER make a wrong choice.
20160612_003656_1465876126406
(I mean look at that perfect angelic little face!! He can do NO wrong!!)

I thought that him turning 8 and not being able to be baptized (since he has the trach) would be one of the “hard moments” that would bring me to tears…but it didn’t! I found SO much peace in knowing that he was already perfect, that he didn’t NEED baptism like the rest of us because he was unable to make a bad choice!! He gained his eternal reward at the age of 2 years, 2 months, and 16 days!!! THAT is remarkable!!!

It will be hard to let Navy go and be independant and make dicisions that will sometimes bring a lot of pain! I can’t have complete control over her little world like I have with Dakota but I am SOOOO excited to experience life with HER. To hopefully teach her the important things in life that really matter and HOPEFULLY get to watch her go out in the world and remember and apply them in her life!! I pray every day that she will have a good and kind heart! That she will LOVE unconditionally ALL people. That she will care more about others then herself…that she will live a Christ like life!! I don’t know how well I am teaching her but I know with ALL of my heart her precious brother is doing one heck of a job. As I watch their daily interactions I can’t help but melt! Their is no doubt in my mind our loving Heavenly Father hand picked this little girl to come to OUR family, to compliment our home, and be the sister her brother so desperately needed, and the daughter we craved!!!!!
20160612_002046_146578957145520160612_221150_146596563935520160715_22351420160805_145702_1470459381081

So wish me luck as a first time mom!! I may have an 8 year old BUT I have NO idea how to be a mom to a 2 year, 2 month, and 16 day old child on up!! This is a new and exciting adventure for ALL of us!!!
20160821_181817
(I might just need superpowers!!)

10 comments:

  1. mái nhà kiểu thái lan is currently the trend of choice for many people. Apart from the aesthetic factors, cheap price is also a major cause

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will give you all the strength that you need Tess, you Just keep the faith. By the way, your little girl is such an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ở người Việt Nam tâm lý dè dặt e ngại khi nói ra các bệnh nam giới thầm kín. Do tuổi tác hay một nguyên nhân nào đó khiến bạn bị yếu sinh lý. Suy nghĩ đầu tiên sẽ tìm ra các cách chữa yếu sinh lý tại nhà. Một phần vì e ngại người khác biết được sẽ bị nói bất lực, một phần sợ đến các cơ sở y tế chăm sóc sức khỏe sinh sản. Tâm lý có bệnh phải đi chữa không phải ai cũng biết được, đừng quá sĩ diện hão mà đánh mất hạnh phúc gia đình.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Bảng hiệu inox ăn mòn.
    Bảng hiệu inox ăn mòn là những loại bảng được phổ biến nhất hiện nay. Nó được sự dụng hầu hết trong các công ty, cơ qua, đoàn thể, doanh nghiêp.... Hay nó vẫn luôn gần gũi với các bạn nhất đó là phòng ban, chức danh công ty. Chất liệu chính là 1 tấm inox được gia công, uốn để tạo mặt lồi hoặc đế ốp, sở dĩ được gọi bảng hiệu ăn mòn vì trong quá trình sản xuất chúng tôi co sự dụng một loại hoá chất lỏng để làm mòn bề mặt inox dựa trên công nghệ CNC nên độ chính xác rất chuẩn xác giống hệt với thiết kế ban đầu trên bản vẽ. Bảng hiệu inox ăn mòn có giá thành hiện nay khá rẻ, có tính thẩm mỹ cao trong môi trường sang trọng. Bảng hiệu này rất thông dùng và có thể sự dụng trong nhiều trường hợp khác nhau.
    2. Bảng hiệu inox in uv.
    Loại bảng này có chất liệu luôn làm cho sáng bóng theo thời gian, chống gỉ, không bị gãy vỡ. Khi được in uv trên thông điệp của bảng hiệu với công nghệ nay giúp toát lên sự sang trọng và đẹp đẽ hơn. In uv đang rất được ưu chuộng hiện nay với khả nặng chống nước, không hề bị ẩm mốc. Đặc biệt, khi sản phẩm đến tay khách hàng luôn được sáng bóng, mịn mang và truyền tải dịch vụ đến với khách hàng yêu thương. Với nhiều hình thức in trên tờ rơi, in bat, in băng rôn.... Khi ai đó tìm đến in uv là tìm đến với tuổi thọ bởi sự bền bỉ của nó giúp sản phẩm song hành cùng khách hàng theo thời gian xong giá thành của nó cũng rất rẻ và phụ hợp với mọi người, mọi giai cấp.
    3. Bảng hiệu chữ nổi inox.
    Là bảng hiệu rất đặc sắc và thông dụng, thật ra do chúng ta không để ý những điều nhỏ nhặt trọng cuộc sống bởi những quảng cáo này luôn ở cạnh chúng ta mà vô tình chúng ta không hề nhận ra. Bảng hiệu chữ nổi được thiết kế trên form inox, được cắt cho phù hợp sau đó tạo hình hay trang trí rồi làm chữ nổi lên bề mặt. Ưu điểm của loại bảng này là độ bền của bảng hiệu khi ở ngoài nắng mưa hay thời tiết khắc nghiệt. Có thể để ở trong nhà hay ngoài trời đều được, để có thể đạt một bảng quảng cáo hoàn hảo chúng ta
    xưởng gia công mica
    gia công mica
    mica hút nổi
    mica ép nổi
    chữ nổi mica
    chữ mica hút nổi

    QUẢNG CÁO ĐẠI PHÁT
    SĐT: 0935 79 00 28
    Website: thietkethicongdaiphat.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so excited because my broken marriage has been restored & my husband is back after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 8 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that DR.Osasu can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to DR.Osasu . he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that DR.Osasu real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at:Account:
    drosasu25@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347064365391,THANKS TO DR. Osasu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so excited because my broken marriage has been restored & my husband is back after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 8 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that DR.Osasu can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to DR.Osasu . he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that DR.Osasu real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at:Account:
    drosasu25@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347064365391,THANKS TO DR. Osasu

    ReplyDelete